CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Hanover Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennethshaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Hanover Pond Reply with quote

Just bought another kayak (#3 total) yesterday used. It was a 10 foot wilderness system tarpon 100. So with wife and kids out of town, I snuck an hour of fishing in. Only caught 1 crappie but it was a nice sized one (9"). It had a large gash on its right side. I returned it quickly into the water. I was using using a zoom fluke.

About 20 minutes into my fishing, I looked up and saw a bald eagle perched on a tree. I was able to paddle about 30 feet away from the tree that the bird was sitting and got a really good view. About 20 minutes later, the bird took off and swooped down to skim the water probably to pick up a small fish on the water. That had to be the highlight of my trip.

Paddled back after snagging my shorts with my hook and called it day. Oh yeah, the tarpon 100 is a sweet kayak which will be for my younger daughter.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try standing up in it? I've heard that it's stable enough for that. Or maybe I heard that about the Tarpon 120.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never tried standing in my kayaks. I'm not the most flexible or coordinated person. I may try to this year when I practice some cold water re-entry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: