CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Mondo Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Mondo Pond Reply with quote

After getting our limits at the Wepawaug, my buddy and I hit Mondo Pond til about 6:45pm.

My buddy played mostly with a Texas rigged 6" rubber worm while I played around with a few different Rapalas.

Buddy wasn't getting anything until I let him use a 6cm brown trout X-Rap, which he caught a 1 1/2 pound largemouth with.

I hit 2 pickerel, a bluegill, and a crappie on topwater with a 7cm shad Shallow Shad Rap and 1 crappie and 3 pickerel with a 6cm yellow perch Husky Jerk..

With the howling winds, the fish seemed to be tucked inside weeds, deeper holes, and under shoreline structure.
Cd662

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a bad day at that place, Mike. I've seen some proof that there are big fish in that pond but I haven't landed any. Sort of a panfish-only place. The other weird thing is that despite all the spawning, stunted adult Yellow Perch I've seen there, I generally don't catch too many from shore during the rest of the season. Who knows where they hang out? You'd think with so many stunted panfish, there'd be more decent size largemouths in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: