CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Wepawaug River 4/27
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Wepawaug River 4/27 Reply with quote

Buddy and I hit the Wepawaug Friday starting around 11am.

Our first stop along the river was a producer. My buddy was sticking with worms while I threw a 7cm brown trout Original Floater.

My buddy was getting plenty of nibbles and landed 3 brookies and 1 brown. I was going to town with swipes, followers, and hook sets. I lost 3 trout but landed 5 browns, 3 rainbows, and 3 redbreasts. One of the bows I landed was 16" just over 1 1/2 pounds, making it one of my best rainbows of all time.

Once the bite died down and I got the Original Floater snagged on bottom, we headed downriver to some other section.

Instead of going with another Original Floater, I decided to switch over to a 6cm brook trout Rapala Flat Rap. My buddy stuck with drifting worms.

Once again, the bows and browns were being aggressive with the Rapala. I was getting plenty of swipes, lost 2, and landed 2 rainbows and 1 brown.

My buddy was getting nibbles but not the aggression I was getting. So I was finally able to get him to switch over to a 6cm hot mustard muddler Rapala Flat Rap that I had with me. Within his first 5 casts, he caught 3 trout. He was also getting those aggressive swipes.

Things quieted down so we headed for Mondo Pond.

Browns and rainbows were the aggressive ones. I saw small schools of tiny minnows in the stretches we were fishing, which might have been the reason why the Flat Raps and Original Floaters were the ticket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: