CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: North Farms Resevoir
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: North Farms Resevoir Reply with quote

Took the afternoon off yesterday and went to North Farms with Ron (O2BFishing) to try our luck there as it was the first time there for the both of us. WOW!! What a weed bed that place is. Lily pads everywhere and I thought Silver Lake was bad! Very Happy Anyways got on the water at 1:30 with blue bird skies and 82° water temps. Fished in 6inches to 4 foot depths as it doesn't get much deeper there. Flipped a watermelon tube at the pads and had 4 strikes, boating a 3 pound largie and losing one in the weeds that went much bigger (saw it on the strike) because I could not get the fish to the boat and the boat with a weed choked prop was not getting any closer to the fish. Ever try fighting a fish and trying to clear your trolling motor prop at the same time! Sad Anyways also caught a trophy size crappie on a full size spinnerbait. Damn I was impressed more with the crappie than with the 3lber I caught! Ron did not get one hit all day. Definitely was a tough day at a tough place. Hi-light of the night was going back to the launch and watching 2 guys with a inflatable raft with a martini mixer size trolling motor that was velcroed/tied to the raft trying to launch. What a sight that was!! Could not stop laughing because in the 20 minutes that we watched them as I loaded my boat they did not get 20 feet from shore because either the motor kept falling off or the prop would get choked with weeds. Very Happy Watching those 2 definitely made my tough day better. First time posting a pic so if I do this correctly the pic of the 3lber should be below. Sorry for the long post. And Mark thanks for your help! I gotta learn to hold the fish in front of me and more of a side view.

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post... The pic worked... I hope posting the picture wasnt too hard...
Thanks for the pic!!! I just got some tubes... Im going to try them out soon...

Just one more cast...
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc, with Mark's (just4fun) help it turned out OK. Now I gotta work on catching fish like Mark and posing like him! (he's my hero)Very Happy. Seems like everytime I bring a camera I jinx myself into catching anything worthwhile.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL i know the feelling...

Just one more cast...
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
Marc, with Mark's (just4fun) help it turned out OK. Now I gotta work on catching fish like Mark and posing like him! (he's my hero)Very Happy. Seems like everytime I bring a camera I jinx myself into catching anything worthwhile.

Nah,..once you have broken that camera jinx,..it never returns, so you'll be all set from here on!! Wink
Nice catch BTW!
jlaz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bass. I live right around the corner from there, but have only fished there twice in the 2 years I've lived here. In only caught one or two each time. The water seems to get really dirty in the summer. Congrats on the nice catch.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlaz wrote:
The water seems to get really dirty in the summer.

Thanks guys. Jlaz, calling that water dirty would be a clean description of it. Man there were so much bird poop there around the shore line I hated to even think what was in the water. After wading in the water to launch my boat I couldn't wait to get home to take a shower! Just kinda felt dirty and contaminated all afternoon. That must be the fertilizer that's making the bass grow big there! Wink
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be nice to take a half day...

Good Job Jim. I can't believe that it's worst than Silver Lake WOW..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterRon wrote:

Good Job Jim. I can't believe that it's worst than Silver Lake WOW..

Ron, trust me on that considering I KNOW Silver Lake. If you really want to fish ALL the great looking lily pads there plan on bringing a push pole because unless your trolling motor is nuclear powered your boat isn't getting in. Even if you do get lucky and get in there you may not have enough "juice" left to get out and I doubt the big motor is gonna even work in that slop. I was using a 42 lbs thrust trolling motor on a 12' tin boat and the only way I got in was by lifting the motor while running it so I was litterally skimming the lily pad surface. The only problem with that was that I made so much noise getting in that I probably scared away 99% of the bass in the area. Definitely need a push pole and go stealth or plan on only fishing the weed edges!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: