CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Local Lakes- Hartford County
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaTP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Local Lakes- Hartford County Reply with quote

I'm just looking for a nice family-friendly lake to take my friends fishing to. I'm from near Wethersfield so somewhere in that general area. Any kind of fish is desired, except sunfish. Don't mind a 15-20 minute drive. Thank you for any help.
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boat? Canoe? Land Locked?

in Wethersfield, there is a small pond near Reservoir Rd and that road that runs out to the Pike near Walgreens/Bertucci's. good bass used to be in there. there is a dirt road that leads in. Ive lugged canoes and kayaks in there.

Weth Cove is always a good spot, bring $20 if ya wanna launch a boat... good cats in the channel, watch out for boat traffic tho.

20mins from Wethersfield in farmington, (exit 37 off 84 ), you have Batterson. that should start ya out.
SaTP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fish from shore. Batterson is a spot I have wanted to try and I just might as everyone seems to like it there. I do enjoy the Cove although never get much size there. I think the place off Reservoir Road is the 1860 Reservoir and I have been wanting to try it there as well. Thanks for your help.
anointed130

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fished wethersfield cove a few times and never managed to get a bite from that place, I tried batterson's its a pretty good spot, Phil(PECO) fishes there often, said its best fished with a boat or a yak.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
SaTP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not own a boat so I only fish from shore. Hopefully Batterson has good shore fishing.
anointed130

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it has ample shore fishing area, when i was there i wasn't able to get any bites from shore, now that I have a kayak, i may try to go back there in the future.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: