CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Black Pond 6/20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaTP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Black Pond 6/20 Reply with quote

Took a trip to Black Pond in Meriden for a day of fishing with my 3 buddies. I had gone here the week before and got nothing off of shiners. This time we brought nightcrawlers, more nightcralwers, and floating minnows. We stopped at a spot where there was a fallen branch and threw our lines in. I got a 10 inch Black Crappie on my first cast off the silver floating minnow. Another one followed on the next cast. Unfortunately, the fish took the lure with him. I then switched to the nightcrawlers as my friends were having luck on them. The best catch of the day was a 23 inch trout. It put up quite a fight. Besides that, a BUNCH of sunfish and a few small LMB as well as some descent sized pickerel. Overall, a good day even though not much size on most of the fish. In total, the 4 of us combined to catch 47 fish, which was awesome. A great place to take your kid for his or her first time fishing.
KingCranky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this place.

The weeds are out of control, there is no isolated structure in the deepest part, the lilys in the back are nice and all, but topwater ain't my bag, and the local drunks love using it as a drinking spot.

That said, I'm sure I'll end up taking my boat there at some point within the month, as I always do.

Can't argue with a 2 foot long trout. Did you catch him off the bottom or the top?
anointed130

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the one in Meriden i think, If so i went there once and found no reason to go back, but glad someone is catching a lot of fish. were you fishing from shore?

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
SaTP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishing from shore and the trout was actually off a fairly big Grizz Bait spinner. That was the only fish caught on that lure all day.
http://www.grizzbaits.net/. It was the bear series spinner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: