CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: A trip to the past
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: A trip to the past Reply with quote

Instead of catfishing like i thought i was going to do i went with a friend to penfield beach. Havent fished saltwater in such a long time. Last time i went was 2ish years ago in virginia. Well we got there at 3 or so and started casting along the rock jeti on the right side. After an hour or so of changing baits my friend got a huge slam. Pulled in a sea robin after a good 10 minute fight. Nice sized one. Almost forgot how well saltwater fish fight. Then after another hour or so my friends brother got something he thought was a rock on his rod. He started yanking on his rod and then he felt something move to the side. Once he got it in we saw it was a bluefish. Probably 2 pounds or so and maybe 18 inches. Kept on fishing the rest of the day. Switched lures every 10 mins. Then we decided to call it quits at about 7. It was fun getting to see saltwater fish again. I kinda want to head back sometime this week but ill probably end up freshwater fishing like i always do. OH we also decided to buy two boxes of sandworms. One dozen per box. We probably used 4 or so. I'm most likely just going to give them back to the bait and tackle unless anyone wants them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good. Maybe you could make chowder.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 minutes...?
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sea robin was caught on the above sandworm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were usng our light freshwater gear. We both had 6lb mono with light rods and didnt want to snap the line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: