CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: my adventure...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chud059

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: my adventure... Reply with quote

...great lead huh?
I took my reels to cabela's today so they could spool them for me. I always do it wrong when I do it myself so I bought some nice new trilene 6# and 12# mono for my 2 spirex 1000 and 4000 reels. I bought some new rapalas a couple of days ago and a couple new KVD 2.5 shallow runners for my heavier set up... So everything looked good, nice spooled line and I thought to myself "damn the wind, rain and clouds, I'm going fishing!!!!!" So I went over to Risely Reservoir and I felt like Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump battling the hurricane!! I really didn't have any issues with my heavier set up casting but my 6# set up, forget. I spent a half hour there and decided to stop at saulters pond on the way home, more trees around and I was able to cast better with my lighter line. I walked the shore and was nearing the opposite end of the flow over and I was using a rapala shallow orangey perch looking thing with a weird lip, it was step like... a nice cast, in the wind under some branches hanging over the water and caught a whopper! had to be 5 inches!!!! I changed lures and put on another rapala, firetige, maybe 3 inches long, more like a twitch or stick bait and proceded to cast into a tree!!! Yay!!! Lost lure... pisses me off.

That was my adventure...hopefully tomorrow after work it'll be nice enough to cast a few at batterson pond.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMMMMmmm roasted bark fish spent a few lures cratching them to thank got for my boat and my extention pole I find more than I loose now

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rapala with the step like lip was probably a Shallow Shad Rap. I love those in Perch, which looks like a cross between Rapala's more realistic Yellow Perch and cartoonish Fire Tiger patterns.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
The Rapala with the step like lip was probably a Shallow Shad Rap. I love those in Perch, which looks like a cross between Rapala's more realistic Yellow Perch and cartoonish Fire Tiger patterns.

Rapala Man agrees! The Shallow Shad Rap in Perch pattern has always been my #1 bass lure.

Firetiger pattern Rapala stick bait lures have been good to me this year. Original Floater, Husky Jerk, Flat Rap, and Clackin Minnow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: