CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: looking Batterson Pond walleye tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panfishh8r

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: looking Batterson Pond walleye tips Reply with quote

I will be heading to Batterson tomorrow morning before sunrise. I am looking for tips for walleye walleye at this specific pond (spots, lures, techniques) Im in a small boat, theres a chance I will have a trolling motor but maybe not.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Paging Peco, paging Phil (peco)*

From what i've used and heard others using, shad raps (sr-5 or sr-7) work well, trolling them along either shore. Yamamoto soft plastics along the east shore or island work well for bass.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, i've gotten them on shad raps and original floating rapala's trolling them near shore. As for spots, i've had good luck on the east side of the pond although Peco said he's had good luck one the west side. Don't be dissapointed if you don't end up getting one though. It took me a few trips before I got my first one!
Fishing Addict

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been there few times now, and I have not had anyyyy luck at all except for one tiny midget rock bass. I am starting to give up on this pond. I know People are catching some nice fish out there, but nothing is working for me. I could be doing something wrong though.
I tried spinner baits, rooster tail, frogs, Rapala deep runner lures, rattling lures, even live trout worms.
I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the key to catching walleye is trolling crankbaits. I have never caught one while casting lures.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only walleye I've caught out of Batterson was on a black spinnerbait.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put everything that I do to catch walleye at Batterson in my reports. No secrets here. Good luck! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you use live bait there? If so try live lining a small sunfish or minnow. If not try trolling a night crawler on a spinner rig. Keep it close to the bottom.
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikey5string wrote:
Can you use live bait there? If so try live lining a small sunfish or minnow. If not try trolling a night crawler on a spinner rig. Keep it close to the bottom.

Do this but carolina rig it then put a small foam float ahead of the spinner rig to keep it off bottom a few inches and drag it along.
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also make sure your fishing at dusk, the walleye fishing is far better at twilight periods, try this, 8 lb mono line with one of the lures peco is using, troll around the edges of weedbeds until you catch one, make sure your quiet too, they spook easy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: