CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Nells Rock & Great Hollow 5/25
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Nells Rock & Great Hollow 5/25 Reply with quote

Buddy and I took his canoe out once again on Friday. Our first stop around 10:30am was Nell's Rock Reservoir. Found out that you can launch a canoe or kayak in there.

We covered areas of shoreline that had plenty of trees and also hit certain weedy areas.

My main lure was that trusty 4cm silver shad Jointed Shad Rap. My buddy tossed live shiners and a 7cm shiner Original Floater.

Buddy lost what would have been a 3+ pound largemouth on the jump. He caught 3 crappie, 2 bass, and a few bluegills. I hit a total of 5 largemouths, 1 crappie, and a number of gills. Biggest of the bass was a 14"er just over a pound. One crappie buddy caught was a decent keeper.

Later we headed over to Great Hollow Lake. Started around the trees coming from the launch and headed into the cove.

I stuck with the Jointed Shad Rap while buddy did a combo of weightless nightcrawlers, live shiners, and the Original Floater.

Buddy wasn't getting into much except for a few hits on the nightcrawler. I hit 1 bass, 1 brown, and 1 bluegill with the Jointed Shad Rap.

Later we went over to the same spot we were at last time hoping for a better crappie bite.

Buddy was getting plenty of hits with the live shiners and caught 3 bass, 1 bluegill, and 2 crappie. Both crappies were dinks but the bluegills was a keeper. He didn't get anything on the Original Floater. The nightcrawlers on the bottom got him a few more bluegills, a nice slab, 1 rainbow, and 2 yellows with 1 being a nice 9"er. I got 1 largemouth with the Jointed Shad Rap. Caught a slab with a 7cm firetiger Original Floater. Decided to give the lures a break and went with live shiners which caught me 2 dinky crappie and 2 bass.

On the way back to the launch, we trolled and I hit a nice brown on the Jointed Shad Rap.

Got back to the launch and started packing it up just after 8pm.
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good to know! Always wanted to take my kayak into Nells Rock but thought it was illegal
Michael

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found out that you're also allowed to take a canoe or kayak out onto the Shelton Reservoir facing the southbound side of Shelton Rd not far from Nell's Rock.
KissMyBass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take your kayak in shelton reservoir be sure to stay where the water flows in closest to the stop light. Very little to no shore access and by far the best spot on the pond to land some fairly large bass and pickerel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: