CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Ventured out in the Wet Conditions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Ventured out in the Wet Conditions Reply with quote

Started the day off at Twin Brooks Park around 1pm. First spot I hit was where I was hitting them back in February. Started off with a 7cm firetiger Original Floater.

With the firetiger Original Floater I caught 1 bass and 1 pickerel. Both were of no size.

Tried playing around with a number of other Rapalas but had no hits or followers on any. So I decided to stick mostly with the 7cm firetiger Original Floater.

I then moved over to where I hit that rainbow last time. Caught a 13" largemouth just over a pound and a 14" pickerel just under a pound.

Kept moving on and hit many of my usual areas.

Lost what seemed to be a perch and caught a 7" perch at the cove of the main pond.

Moved over to where the 2 brooks feed into the deep cove of the larger pond. Lost a rainbow that came right up for the Original Floater when I got the lure right near shore. The bow hit it, shook its head, and off it went. Tried going deeper by throwing a 7cm shad Shallow Shad Rap and 4cm perch Jointed Shad Rap but nothing was interested.

Moved on along the larger pond and lost a pickerel and a bass with the Original Floater.

Later I headed down to Beardsley Park and Bunnells Pond.

Started off by seeing if any trout would hit after the stocking they recently did along the Pequonnock. Lost 1 brown on the Original Floater and had no other followers.

Moved downstream along the Pequonnock but all of my usual spots were taken by the trout and catfish fishermen.

Headed down to Bunnells Pond to check on the crappie bite at my usual crappie spot. Had smaller crappie swirling and pecking at the Original Floater while using it as a topwater and had 2 hits while doing a slow retrieve.

Last stop was the bridge at the cove. Dropped the maribu down there now that weeds have gotten thicker. Had hits but no takers.

Started to feel hungry so seeing it was around 6:30pm, I grabbed something to eat and then headed straight home.

A pattern I noticed on the bite today was keep casting the Original Floater in different directions with a slow-steady retrieve and they'll eventually hit it. Firetiger was the color.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: