CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: 3 Places Produced
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: 3 Places Produced Reply with quote

Sunday I started the day at Twin Brooks Park around 12pm.

I started off at the spot that was producing the perch and pickerel back in February. That's where I caught an 8" crappie while playing topwater with a 7cm perch Original Floater. I also tried playing with a 8cm glass minnow Husky Jerk but couldn't get anything to hit it.

Later I went to the area where I caught the brown back in February. I saw sunnies and a few bass in the shallows. That's when I started to notice a certain pattern as for shape, size, and color.

Bluegills were going crazy for a 7cm perch Original Floater, 6cm perch Flat Rap, 6cm perch X-Rap, and 8cm glass perch Husky Jerk. But I noticed they weren't getting close to the Husky Jerk as they were to the other 3.

Landed a perch on the Flat Rap and caught 3 bluegills with the Original Floater. Plenty of nibbles on the rear teaser tail of the X-Rap. The bass weren't hitting but kept following the X-Rap.

Hit most of my other usual areas and missed out on 2 pickerel before heading over to one of my small ponds.

At the small pond I was seeing a few bass guarding the beds. I threw a Creme worm at them and after a few casts they'd start to hit it. Took a while to set the hook every time each one would grab it but did land 3. Biggest was 14" 1 pound 4 ounces.

Caught 3 dinky bass and a bluegill with the X-Rap and had plenty of yellows following it. Saw 2 crappie in different weed beds but they weren't too interested.

Last stop was Bunnells Pond. 2 spots I concentrated mostly on were my usual crappie spot and the cove and bridge.

Caught my first Bunnells Pond crappie of the year at my crappie spot with the 7cm perch Original Floater. Had a few love taps and caught a dinky bass at the cove. No signs of crappie in the weeds below the bridge with a maribu.

Headed over to Glenwood Park around 7pm.

Perch is the color they're going for mostly and a minnow plug no bigger than 7cm is what they're showing most interest in. 2 lures I'll def have with me next time are 6cm Husky Jerk and 4cm X-Rap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: