CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks Park 5/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks Park 5/10 Reply with quote

Arrived at Twin Brooks Park around 12:30pm Thursday and worked the usual areas of all ponds for 5 hours.

My first spot was where I started by playing with different Rapalas. Original Floaters didn't show much interest. Too weedy for a Jointed Shad Rap. Nothing showed interest in a 8cm Husky Jerk. Had a few followers and a hit with a custom painted 6cm X-Rap Shad Shallow. No followers or hits with a 8cm perch Flat Rap.

I stuck mostly with the X-Rap Shad Shallow but still didn't get into anything. Also tried playing topwater with Original Floaters and a few different retrieves with the Husky Jerk.

Later when I was at the spot that was producing the perch and pickerel for me earlier this year, I got a 14" pickerel on a 8cm glass minnow Husky Jerk.

No perch, bass, or trout were interested where I caught the brown back in February.

No pickerel hit at my usual little pickerel pond.

Saw a guy throwing a Rebel Pop R who I saw last time I was there. He was getting a few hits on the surface but no hook ups. I started throwing a baby bass Heddon Tiny Torpedo and had a number of hits but no hook ups.

Later when I got to where 2 brooks meet at on of the ponds, I decided to switch over to my trusty 4cm silver shad Jointed Shad Rap. Hit a total of 1 largemouth and 3 rainbows. Largemouth was under a pound and 2 rainbows were keepers. I eventually lost 1 of the bows to a snapping turtle that later came back for the other one that was on my stringer but noticed it in time before the turtle took it.

Had a few other hits on the Tiny Torpedo in my usual shallow weedy areas of one of the ponds but no hook ups.

I guess the front that swept through yesterday and the howling winds today made the fish go deeper and had them on a more cautious bite today.
hila2006

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still good to be out, no skunk is alright.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: