CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Garda - 5/4/12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Lake Garda - 5/4/12 Reply with quote

So I had a little time to spare on my way back home from work today. I told my girlfriend to pack up my fishing gear and I would meet her at her friends house. Hit a Lake Garda in Burlington/Unionville today and had permission as well (great to know people in LGIA!)...

Here's an OK photo of the area...the lake was drawn down, but I was able to walk around shore and fish about 3-4 different spots.

By sap284 at 2012-05-04

I fished from 4:15-5:00p, the weather was actually decent with a slight overcast. It started to get hot because the sun was on me...and I was also still in my dress work pants so that didn't help. I used a greenish perch colored 4" Rapala Husky Jerk and was casting out in different directions. Within a few minutes I got my first cannibal yellow perch...

By sap284 at 2012-05-04
The sooner within 10 minutes from that I landed the biggest fish of the day which was a 14" LMB. I took the photo and soon released it.

Then about 15- 20 minutes later I saw a huge LMB and a few Carp actually within the vicinity. I casted around the area and was able to land another small 8" or so bass. Then another two bass, one was 10" and the other was 13".

All were caught and released. On my way back to the house, I noticed a snake moving across the pavement lol. I was going to take a picture, but I had my hands full carrying stuff back. It was a nice 45 minutes of fishing. Normally I don't get to fish private lakes so it was nice to get out. Unfortunately my boat was too big to take there (carry in only), but I was happy with fishing from shore.

Last edited by SAP284 on Fri May 04, 2012 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice catching MIKE I mean sap =P

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!

What type of snake was it you saw? I haven't seen any garters or northern waters yet so far this spring.
SAP284

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not that good at identifying snakes, but my assumption is probably a Garter..it was going from near the lake area towards someones house lol. Dark in color..

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Steve, I work with a guy that lives on Gharda. He isn't sure why the lake isn't back up to normal yet. When it is, the wife and I are bringing up the yaks for some grillin and fishin.
SAP284

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Yeah I was a bit surprised too. I know they drained it but it's really low. The fluctuating weather probably hasn't helped and until recently we haven't had much rain.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird Steve, cuz Beseck was drained and it's back to about it's normal level now. They must be working on the dam. There's supposed to be a good bass population in there, as you know now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: