CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Huntington 5/5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeOkay

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Huntington 5/5 Reply with quote

After getting nothing at Squantz yesterday i headed over to huntington in redding.

Walking out towards the far lake I spotted a decent bass sitting on a bed. First try with a senko green with red specks i got him to grab and landed. First catch with a senko, worked really well!

Only thing is i think i caught this same bass 2 weeks back on opening day, lol.

It was about -2 lbs i'd guess.

Walked back to the rock wall and had some good luck back there. Met some nice guys and we all pulled in a few trout. I got about 3 out of this spot, with one being a decent sized rainbow. After that I walked around to a shallower spot and tried to land some more bass, but ended up getting 5 or so more trout instead. Catch and release on all the fish aside from one trout i gave to a guy's dog, and the big one that he brought home to cook up for dinner.

Then the sun started to go down and i had plans with friends so i started to head out. Ended up on the wrong trail and got lost in the woods until about 9 pm. It was kinda nutty, i know the place well enough but didn't know the trail i was on, which never met up with the main trail. Fell down some rocky hills, lost some gear, and got soaked up past my ankles at one point. My phone was dead the whole time and my little flashlight wasn't much help. Quite the adventure!
Michael

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those fish must have been saying "payback time"!
MikeOkay

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. I even used to go there at night eith my girlfriend (now wife) for bonfires and stuff, we never had any problems. That 9:00 pm phone call to explain why i was incomunicado for the past 4 hours was quite embarrasing Smile
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"and stuff" wink wink
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: