CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Heading to Lake Quonnipaug tomorrow. Maybe. Prob not.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingCranky

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Heading to Lake Quonnipaug tomorrow. Maybe. Prob not. Reply with quote

Has anyone been there yet this year? What do I have in store for me?

Last year I enjoyed, I guess mild success, and almost a year ago exactly?! Crazy. I understand with the cold front the last few days the fish will have moved off, but the warm rain and warm air temperature, coupled with the full moon tomorrow should have these fish getting ready to be active.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I'm a fish-ologist, but those bass have to be in tune with this moon cycle. The water may not be at their "perfect spawning temperature" but I have a hard time believing they're not on the move, and in a hurry. Call me wrong, and I just might be, but I don't believe that it's singularly water temperature that forces their move to spawn. I feel like certain things we believe about the spawn are merely coincidental and we're not connecting the dots because we're not in tune with those aspects of our natural surroundings anymore.

In other news, my buddy just sent me a text saying he was going to his cottage on Lake Hayward tonight until tomorrow evening and I should come. Immediately after another buddy of mine, who I was most likely going to Quonnipaug with tomorrow, sent me a text that I should come out for drinks at 10:00PM tonight? That's bedtime my man. Guess I'll be going to Hayward.

But I still want to know for sometime during next week or hell, maybe even Sunday - Quonnipaug, give me the details people of CTFT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: