CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Quaddick 5/6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therieldeal

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Quaddick 5/6 Reply with quote

The other day I was trying to trout fish at a local river and kept catching creek chubs, practically every other cast. We’ll I’ve heard they make excellent pike bait, so Sunday morning I went down there and spent 30 mins catching some. Headed over to Quaddick and launched my jon boat, headed for the north end of the lake, the “stump pond” area. Dropped anchor, baited up, set my clicker, and passed the time by tossing a senko around. Tried a number of different spots… coves (one with a stream inlet), deeper water, points. I wound up catching one LMB and probably a half dozen decent sized pickerel…with the senko. Apparently no fish were interested in live bait this weekend. I only ended up using one of the bait fish, which was somehow still alive (and quite lively) after numerous casts and 4 hours under a bobber! I returned all of the creek chub to the river where I caught them haha.

I’m just about ready to give up on the elusive Quaddick pike. I think I’m going to load up another bucket of live bait and head down to Hopeville Pond, once the water around here gets a little warmer…

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: