CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Pickerel Bite at Twin Brooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Pickerel Bite at Twin Brooks Reply with quote

Saturday I decided to give trout fishing a break and hit Twin Brooks Park mainly for bass, pickerel, and crappie. Arrived just after 1pm and hit a number of spots at all of the ponds.

At my first stop I played with a number of different Rapalas to see what would work best. Found the 7cm firetiger Original Floater to be the one again.

Slow or steady retrieves didn't get the fish to hit. The bite was mostly topwater.

Caught a total of 5 pickerel, 4 bluegills, 1 crappie, and 2 bass. The biggest pickerel was a thin 16"er under a pound. The crappie was 9" and the biggest bass was 13" around a pound.

Later I headed down to Bunnells Pond with the time I had left and didn't have any luck. I did see the herring splashing on the surface right along the shore but there weren't any fish feeding on them or chasing them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: