CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Higganum res. 4/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Higganum res. 4/28 Reply with quote

So today me and my brother went down to the resivoir for trout and crappie. Well we first started fishing at the handicap dock where the crappie bite good well they nailed the husky jerk and my brother caught 3 nice ones.

Then we went to the dam for trout within 15 minutes my brother catches a nice 12 inch brown trout. Then about 10 minutes later while im fishing for bass he catches another nice 13 inch brown. Finally i swithced to the rapala husky jerk and nailed a nice 12 inch brown then 30 seconds later my next cast i hit a 14 inch brown trout after that the bite died and there were no more fish caught that day.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a trout rise up to swipe at a silver Rapala Shallow Shad Rap SSR7 in my local trout pond, but the wind caught my next cast and I lost it in a tree. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an awesome trout day with Rapalas Friday.

Nice job on the HJ
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know by far the husky jerks are my go to lure for trout they have such great action and the fish just cant resist it. But in my opinion their better when its colder out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: