CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Batterson Park Pond Reply with quote

Well did a day of fishing on batterson today I must say I like the work they did on launch are tree line opens place up nicely make the launch far less likely to be the hang out it use to be at sundown...Met up with PECo for the first time today and for my part I had a great day of lure washing and fishing chat . PECo managed a couple of shortys while i just cleaned my lures fishing was tough wind and to the end of it cold and rainy....Phil thanks for giveing me a day out on the water hope to follow it up soon with fried clams and more bass next week have a safe trip bud see ya then....... Thumbs Up
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with NWDarkcloud (aka Bob), today. We were both on CTFishTalk this morning and I said, "Why are we futzing around on our computers, instead of fishing?" So we took his engineless boat down to Batterson, which looked to me to be at or near its normal water level. Bob was impressed by the way that they've cleaned up the riprap wall next to the boat launch ramp:

When we launched at noon, the sky was completely overcast and the air was cool, probably in the 60s. The wind was light. We took our time and eventually made our way over to the west shore. I threw the big bluegill patterned Strike King One Ounce Bottom Dweller spinnerbait, while Bob threw a yellow perch patterned Rapala Jointed Shad Rap. I had a couple of hits on the spinnerbait, but no hookups. One was a steady sideways pull that felt like it could have been a walleye. After 1-1/4 hours, I finally actually boated a short largemouth bass:

Bob was a good Captain and let me boat the first fish. Very Happy And later, he let me also boat the second. Rolling Eyes I didn't get a photo of it. It was just another short and I didn't want to rub it in by making Bob take another photo of me with a fish. Laughing The air temperature began to drop, probably into the mid-50s, the wind rose from the east and rain began to move in from the south. It got cccold! Neither of us was dressed for the worsening weather and both of us got pretty chilled. I'm sure that Bob stayed out longer that he wanted because of me. I think that we got off of the water around 4:30 pm.

Thanks, Bob! The next one's on me!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice jobs guys, looking forward to meeting Bob soon as well. Is this wind ever gonna let up? It feels like we're back in northern Mass again Laughing
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damm Wind I was chewin at the bit to get out on the river today but trying to cast and boat control in 30 mph gust is a no-go kinda thing . And after fishing from a boat i just cant seem to talk myself to sitting in the mud hopeing for a swim bye fish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: