CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Pine lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avidangler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Pine lake Reply with quote

I went over to Pine lake for about an hour and a half tonight 6-7:30.
When i went past earlier in the day i had noticed that much of the algae slop had dispersed making it much easier to throw topwaters.
The water level was about a foot or so higher and brown due to the recent rain. With an overcast sky and the possibility of more rain i tied on a dark colored jr spook (black back,gold sides and orange belly)
After quite a few casts and 2-3 swirls i finally hooked up with a small bass that i lost a few feet from shore.
I made a long cast near a patch of algae floating in the middle and hooked up with a pretty nice pickrel.

I moved over to the next clearing and on the first cast WHAM! A bass.

I took another long cast from the same spot and had a big splash right next to a fallen tree on the other side.Then things went dead.
I moved around a bit and only had a few more swipes without hooking up.
It was getting dark and i decided to try that spot by the tree again.I made a long cast and twitched the spook a couple of times then let it sit for a minute.I twitched it once and a bass came flying out of the water about 3 feet with the spook in it's mouth.
I wish i caught that strike on film.It was something to see.Anyways,i managed to hook him and get it in for a picture.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!

That last bass must have been exciting to see it explode on the lure
chud059

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I work right up the street from there, I am going to stop there thursday when I get out.. and try it. Last time was last year, from the road and there were 2 guys with a R/C Boat and it didn't help my fishing.
Desroska

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report. I love when you can get out and fish for a short period of time and still be successful.
avidangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS ALL! I'm headed back there in a little while to give it another go.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: