CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Pine lake 9/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avidangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Pine lake 9/3 Reply with quote

Today i began in the front (roadside.)This was the first time this year for that.It usually gets the most pressure and i was uncertain of what to expect.I went with the black/gold/orange Jr spook and tried by the dirt launch ramp.I made a cast out by a fallen tree...nothing.I made a second cast,as soon as it hit the water a bass exoploded on it and missed.I made another cast at the edge of the branches and WHAM! Fish on.

I continued to work the tree and had a few more swirls.FINALLY i hooked up with a second,smaller fish.I worked the entire front without any more action.

I jumped in my truck and headed to the back.The weeds were all pushed in the back so i decided to switch to the texas rigged Green/pumpkin Goby.

I worked the weeds on the Western shore and managed to land two small bass and missed another two.I moved around and was bitten off twice by pickrel.

As i worked my way towards the point i switched back to the Jr spook and landed another small bass. I hooked another but,lost it in the weeds.

I fished from the point for a while and then feet from shore a pickrel cut me off and lost my spook.I tied on a black one that i colored with permanent marker.

I was attempting to snag it.As my spook passed by a small bass came up and grabbed the one floating out there.It jumped twice trying to spit it then,disappeared

It was getting dark,i lost a spook and started back.I took one more cast where i caught the last bass and hooked a fat 2.5 lber on the all black spook.

Sorry the pic was so dark.I didn't think to bring a flashlight..I didn't plan to stay so late.I just wanted one more fish after loosing my other spook.

Fished from 4-8. I originally marked this post as 8/3 by mistake but made the correction.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
pmoneyct

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome job!! have to get down there more often

family,fishing.and a good dog. "Thats all i need"
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! Great report!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: