CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Topwater Parte Due 8/20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Topwater Parte Due 8/20 Reply with quote

Hey guys. Currently putting up a report from the local library. Computer is currently getting fixed so I can't put pics up right now.

Tuesday I headed back out to Twin Brooks. Arrived just before 2pm and worked most ponds.

The lure I started off with and played with mostly was the 1" Mister Twister Nymph. Caught a number of bluegills, redbreasts and dinky bass with it. Also caught a 7" yellow perch. One other spot caught me a dinky bass and lost a yellow perch on a helsinki shad Husky Jerk HJ-6.

Later I went to the pond that has been getting my the topwater bite. First lure I threw was a Rebel Top-R to test it. Didn't like the way of the retrieve so I switched over to the prop bait that has been working for me.

As I made my way along the pond I came to the spot that caught me the pig. Has followers and lost 1.

Last stop was where I caught that 2 pound 10 ounce. Switched over to a moss back shiner X-Rap Popper XRP-7. 2 different retrieves I did with it was popping and a slow walk the dog. That caught me 3 bass. One was a chubby 13" 1 1/2 pounder. Another was a chunky 17.5" 3 pound 6 ounce. Last was 14" 2 pounds.

Hit the road around 7:45pm

Member sbehuniak might put 2 pics up on this report for me.
avidangler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures or not you still make good reports.
A rebel??? What made you do that? Shocked

I tried one of those heddon chugging spooks and didn't like how it worked.I love spooks but,that one is pretty bad.It walks like a drunken sailor!I'm sure you'll get pictures up at some point.
I'm headed down to Stratford again tomorrow with Gramps.Hope to find some stripers this time.I'm going later to catch some fallfish to chunk with.I know it will work as long as there are fish around.Last year i used sunnys and suckers and caught a few blues so fallfish should do just fine.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics! The one with you in it looks of good size.Fat belly.

I ended up with Over 2 dozen fallfish and a 6 inch smallie.kept 19 bigger ones for bait tomorrow.We'll see what happens.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avidangler wrote:
Nice pics! The one with you in it looks of good size.Fat belly.

I ended up with Over 2 dozen fallfish and a 6 inch smallie.kept 19 bigger ones for bait tomorrow.We'll see what happens.

fallfish work for striper bait? damn, i always catch a bunch of them. i'll have to start keeping em'
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 13"er is what you find tons of at that golf course Stephan and I went to
jimfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fishing Michael. Glad to see you are still catching them .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: