CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Hi, New Here...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jen F

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Hi, New Here... Reply with quote

New to the forum that is, and getting back into fishing. (last time I fished, until last year, was when I was a teenager) Smile Went out on Moodus last year, got the little guy in my pic... Taken my kids the usual small places... Horse, Spaulding... Any other suggestions?

I noticed the Moodus tournament post... and I might be signing up! Kinda excited by the prospect!! Gotta talk to the significant other, and might go w/out him if he doesn't want to go. He's a displaced Texan, who knows how to fish for southern trout... he's trying to learn to bass fish.
anointed130

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jen, I thought all texans fished for bass, how stereotypical of me to think that Embarassed

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Jen F

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Apparently where his dad would take him, there was only trout. The first time he caught a bass was a hungry fish taking a trout line a couple years ago. At this point, I'm just collecting some intel, I'll be getting my lic next week so I can get out there. I'm hoping to do what I did last year, which is out fish him. LOL
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck and tight lines!
jimbojonez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogers Lake is worth the drive from New London if you have a boat/canoe/kayak east lyme i think?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will second Rogers Lake, I live 15 minutes away and have caught and heard about some pigs in there. Also have seen a couple monster crappie and walleye in the winter time. Haven't seen a walleye there in probably 6 years though, but the last one I saw was a monster 7-8 pounder.
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're interested in doing bass fishing and have a boat, I am the tournament director of Tobacco Valley Bass Anglers and we are looking for boaters. It's a small club of roughly 8 boats. Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks,
Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: