CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: My season so far
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NateD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: My season so far Reply with quote

Pretty good year so far, nothing giant but some nice 3-4 pounders. The last couple weeks have been tough fishing for me for some reason, I need weeds! They don't seem to be coming up like they usually do, but I am probably just getting ancy.

First open water bass of the season on March 28th, caught off a rock pile 5-6 fow on a senko. The first hookup is so fun, as you can see by the smile haha.

Monster pick a couple days after that.

Last edited by NateD on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
NateD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another couple monster pickeral on April 7th, both on a black/gold husky jerk.

April 11th. First nice fight of the season, 3 pounder I would say. Caught on a bluegill kvd 1.5 ticking it over some baby lilypads in about 4-5 fow.

April 13th. Decent fish thought he was picture worthy. I think I caught it on a weightless powerbait shaky worm, in less than 2 fow.

Love the colors on crappie had to snap a pic.

April 20th. Biggest fish of the season so far, pushing 4 lbs. Caught on a brown sexy frog in some very shallow bush. Her belly was FAT, probably up there getting a bed ready. She had me wrapped around a log for a good 30 seconds before she thankfully decided to swim the other way. I got very lucky she only had one of the 2 frog hooks in her top lip, and I'm sure you guys know hooking up with a frog is difficult sometimes I was very surprised it held up, but was very happy it did haha.

Well that's my season so far, hopefully everyone else is catchin'em too. Might get out to the lake today after some grass mowing so might be back with some more pics if all goes well.
Also anyone in southeastern CT, hit me up if you wanna do some fishing. I mostly fish dusk because of work but weekends are usually free so gimme a pm, I might know some secret spots Wink
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME PICKEREL!!!!! Nice slab!

I can just imagine the fight those bigger pickerel put on!
skinyon99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask where you were fishing? Seems like a great place!
NateD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
AWESOME PICKEREL!!!!! Nice slab!

I can just imagine the fight those bigger pickerel put on!

Thank you, those pickerel do fight like trains, although they always seem to be hangin' right next to shore.
NateD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinyon99 wrote:
May I ask where you were fishing? Seems like a great place!

Sorry it is kind of a semi private place, one of those ponds if you know about it then you can fish it. One hint is you can see it from 395. Wink

Around the same area, places like powers lake, rogers lake, pattagansett, uncas lake all have great fishing. Powers lake especially.

And caught another 4lb (at least) slab today on a jig picture comin' soon.
NateD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same rockpile as the first picture, but a much nicer fish Very Happy

NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one of the pics of the pickerel the way you held it made it look like a 30 incher! Either way still a nice fish! Good job, ive only been going for trout recently. Havent played with the bass yet.
NateD

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya that was a good picture haha. It was a nice fish but probably more like 24ish I think.

I still haven't done any trout fishing, but they are tasty I might hit up Uncas soon try and get a nice brown.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: