CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Silver Lake Berlin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Silver Lake Berlin Reply with quote

Hit up Silver Lake tonight in the kayak. I got to the pond at about 5:15. There was a steady breeze but the first thing I was noticed was the abundant growth of vegetation especially Lilly pads. This was exciting to me. I fished along the outside edges for about an hour without a bite. Then finally tap tap on the senko and landed a solid 16 incher followed shortly by another. With the abundant Lilly pad structure I decided to tie on a buzz bait. In the next hour I caught about 6 bass all about a pound to a pound and a half. I lost a pretty good one and had a few other bites. I landed one last fish as the night began to fall. Definitely the most fun outing of the year so far. Always to catch 'them top. All the while I had a couple of New England Sea Hag IPAs.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better catch them while you can! In the past few years that place has gotten so full of weeds in the summer that its really difficult to fish.
fishguy81

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there places to fish from shore now? Havent been there in years and I cant remember
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're are a few around the boat ramp and just before it as you pull in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: