CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Batterson Park Pond Reply with quote

Went to Batterson Park tonight for the first time. Got to the pond at about 5:15.launched the kayak and started fishing the dock by the camp. I was floating a 4" senko in baby bass color. No bites so I paddled to a nearby bush and skipped it back in the bush and landed a 1.5 pound largemouth on the next cast I had another bite but missed him. Fished for another hour or so then started to paddle back to the launch point but not before I found a little inlet with a lot brush and proceeded to catch five more 1 pound fish and a nice 2.5 pounder all on the 4 inch senko. It was a great outing and nice to catch some decent bass.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I saw you out there. Do you have a sit inside kayak with a red deck and a white hull, and have yellow bladed paddles? I'm glad that you found some largemouth bass.

I took my Hobie Pro Angler out for a shakedown cruise and did a lap of the pond. I marked only three fish with my fish finder during the lap. Daylight hours are definitely not walleye catching hours.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are really giving me the itch to go!
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo that was me out there. I went here today based on your initial comments when I joined here.
tfluck9

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm new here and have a quick question. Are there any good spots to fish from shore?
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot of shore access on the north and south end of the pond. But I've found that Batterson can be very hard to fish especially from shore.
tfluck9

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
There is a lot of shore access on the north and south end of the pond. But I've found that Batterson can be very hard to fish especially from shore.

Thanks for the info! Do you know of any other spots close to West Hartford by any chance? Just moved here..
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't go wrong by trying the CT river. Especially now with the stripers running up. I would suggest using google maps, I've found a lot of small no name ponds that are the best bass spots.
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Daylight hours are definitely not walleye catching hours.

Oh contrere monfrere... I've caught most of my walleyes during the day, both overcast &bright sun. As a matter of fact my CT & NY PB's were both caught trolling on sunny days in the middle of the afternoon. CT-Lake Saltonstall & in NY at Oneida Lake, oddly enough they were both just under 7lbs. I could post photos but not quite sure how to. Laughing

After looking at the electro-shocking video I have the urge to go over there as well, I was going to PM you Peco about that video because I saw it on another fishing site & didn't want to start any trouble or anything, then saw it was on here. If you want to meet there sometime for some good ole trollin for walleyes let me know.

I have a 12ft Jonboat but not on a trailer, + trolling motor, a questionable battery, a fishfinder etc.. but also have a bad lower back so loading/unloading are sometimes not a good idea for me to do alone. That's why I've been going to Lake Saltonstall & renting their boats, & shore fishing at the Saugatuck Resivoir for some BIG walleyes.

John.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: