CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River HTFD turbine plant 3/10/13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbojonez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: CT River HTFD turbine plant 3/10/13 Reply with quote

We tied up to the metal stuff and fished the inside of the steel wall for a few hours today targeting cats. There seemed to be everything but cats there. The water was so thick with giant carp you couldn't see the bottom. I caught some panfish for bait on a snap bean and watched a half a dozen crappie bite it and shake the hook. At one point i saw what appeared to be a giant carp following the lure Confused as it got near the boat i realized it was one of the largest pike i have ever seen Shocked we saw some guys around us pull in schoolies and smallmouth. no cats, but plenty of sunshine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news! Very Happy Two weeks ago, there weren't any fish in the area. I can't wait to go check it out, again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, awesome news! i have to get up there soon somehow for sure! what's the easiest way to reach the area?
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JesseC wrote:
i agree, awesome news! i have to get up there soon somehow for sure! what's the easiest way to reach the area?

The boat launch ramp at Charter Oak Landing is immediately upriver from the power plant. I spoke with someone from Riverfront Recapture, which manages it, and he told me that the park rangers won't start checking for boat launch permits until Memorial Day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
JesseC wrote:

The boat launch ramp at Charter Oak Landing is immediately upriver from the power plant. I spoke with someone from Riverfront Recapture, which manages it, and he told me that the park rangers won't start checking for boat launch permits until Memorial Day.

cool thanks again peco Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: