CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: wethersfield cove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JesseC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: wethersfield cove Reply with quote

took a trip over to wethersfield cove today with a friend of mine, saw open water starting from a little ways in the cove out to the bridge of the highway where it connects to the river so we parked and walked over to get under the bridge and fish from shore there. Tossed out a variety of crank/swim baits, bucktails, spoons, texas rigged worms, etc. even tried a throwing out some maggots on a teeny hook with my ultrlight setup and 4# test in hopes of at least mayb getting a little bluegill/perch to no avail. maybe i'll try the cove in portland this weekend instead.

Anyone have any suggestions on how i can beat the skunk from shore in the middlesex area around this time? been all over the place in cromwell/ middletown/berlin/rocky hill/wethersfield the past month and havent really had any luck. Confused
jimbojonez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoons or large bright soft plastics at the haddam meadows launch. close to the wooden poles around the launch. persistence will bring you big pike there.
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to crystal lake in middletown and throw jigs and lipless cranks or slow roll spinnerbaits
JesseC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reponse guys i'll try those spots out soon for sure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: