CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: fish identification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klmt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: fish identification Reply with quote

So I went out yesterday for the first time after sea run browns on the fly and as i was fishing this tidal section of one of the rivers I kept seeing large fish surface. I never got a good look at one but the river is about 50 yards wide and at least 15 feet deep in the middle. I didnt see any bait fish jumping but only these splashes and swirls. Tried casting to them but to no avail. I could figure out what they were feeding on or what they were. Any ideas on what they couldve been? Im thinking either schoolie stripers, shad, possibly sea runs, but Im not sure because if they were stripers I am amazed they didnt take any of my flies. I tried all kinds of things from clouser minnows, to wooly buggers, streamers, dries, nymphs, silverside imitation hard bodied streamers...ect any thoughts?
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carp Wink
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikePERSUADER1 wrote:
Carp Wink

I second
klmt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn. I suppose it could be carp. That makes sense, and i did see one briefly and it was brownish in color. That never even crossed my mind because I didn't think there were carp in there. But that explains why they didnt eat any of my flies.
SAP284

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klmt wrote:
damn. I suppose it could be carp. That makes sense, and i did see one briefly and it was brownish in color. That never even crossed my mind because I didn't think there were carp in there. But that explains why they didnt eat any of my flies.

I would say 9 out of 10 times I go on the CT River I see Carp. That's def what you were seeing. Reminds me of Hamburg Cove Laughing .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: