CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bunnells Pond 9/5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Bunnells Pond 9/5 Reply with quote

Once the rest of the rain had passed early Wednesday afternoon, I headed to Bunnells Pond. Got to the rocks around 4pm.

Lures I threw included original pearl shad Flat Rap FLR-8, glass minnow Husky Jerkk HJ-8, yellow perch Clackin Minnow CNM-7, silver shad Jointed Shad Rap JSR-4, purpledescent Shallow Shad Rap SSR-7, chartreuse ghost X-Rap Popper XRP-7, fire shad Skitter Walk SW-8, and olive crawdad Clackin Crank CNC-53.

Caught a dinky bluegill with the JSR-4 and lost a largemouth with it. Also had a largemouth poke its mouth slowly out of the water on the pause with the XRP-7.

Later once the sun went behind clouds I started to see lots of small breaks all over the place as if it was lightly raining. I tried throwing a number of smaller Rapalas. Caught a dinky 4" bluegill with a hot mustard muddler X-Rap XR-4 and a 6" crappie with the JSR-4. Had a few hits on a glass minnow HJ-6 and the XR-4. Curious fish would occasionally come up for a vampire Original Floater F-5 while playing topwater with it.

Finally notice I was seeing small bluegills and other sunnies no bigger than 6" feeding like crazy on a recent insect hatch.

Finally caught a small largemouth on the JSR-4 at the cement wall before heading over to the Wonderland of Ice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: