CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: 9-1-2012 Last trip to McD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjbassfishn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: 9-1-2012 Last trip to McD Reply with quote

Our last trip to McD before it closes for the season was a hit! We caught loads of fish both in deep water and on the shallow grass flat. Water temps were still in the high 70's. Wind was mild all day. Water is clearing up and we saw bottom in 8 ft of water.

Started the day throwing worms in the shallow areas around the channels, But only caught some little ones. Mostly rock bass. Headed into the grass flats we stayed in the deeper area's with cranks and spinner baits. Boated some decent LMB-SMB and Pickerels. Moved to the back where we had some good luck in the spring. Only managed some more Pickerels and a rock bass. My son caught a monster gill on a shallow crank, But wouldn't let me take his picture with it!

Moved to deeper water and used dropshots,slow rollin spinnerbaits and deep cranks until lunch time. Best fish was my son's(yet again! Embarassed ) near 3 pounder(2.87) that came from 18 FOW.

After lunch we hit the main lake humps and points. Not much action in the 20 FOW area's. So we hugged the dropoffs and managed a couple here and there.

We finished the day over in the grass flat and with the sun starting to get low in the sky, We picked up some good ones on flashy spinnerbaits. I even got a decent perch to wack one. Along with some pickerel to finish the day.

We boated around 20 bass, with only 2 being smallmouth. We had action pretty much all day. But the evening bite was the most exciting. Headed for home at around 6:30 as we were out of water and gettin very hungry. Great way to finish a very good season at McD. Look out Winchester/West Hill/Twin! Here we come! Very Happy

Can't catch em sittin on the sofa! Wink

Last edited by jjbassfishn on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
chud059

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great day! Congratulations to your kids too!!!
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job! Congrats to your son once again!

How big was that perch in the pic? Nice size!
jjbassfishn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
How big was that perch in the pic?

I didn't measure or weigh it. Embarassed

hoppy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few years back now on opening day there me and a buddy got into a school of HUGE pearch. We named the point they were on "perch point" and to this day i still call it that. That day they were hitting grubs on jigheads. Two years ago i found them again in a differant spot. I have a few pictures if i can find them i will put up. There are some BIG pearch in there and if ice fishing allowed alot of them would surface then.

great report boys. you guys did well there this year. I hit only once this year. Crying or Very sad
jjbassfishn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoppy wrote:
a few years back now on opening day there me and a buddy got into a school of HUGE pearch. We named the point they were on "perch point" and to this day i still call it that. That day they were hitting grubs on jigheads. Two years ago i found them again in a differant spot. I have a few pictures if i can find them i will put up. There are some BIG pearch in there and if ice fishing allowed alot of them would surface then.

great report boys. you guys did well there this year. I hit only once this year. Crying or Very sad

Thanks hoppy, We had a nice year at our favorite lake. Maybe next year will catch you there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: