CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Cedar Lake - 8/12/12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Cedar Lake - 8/12/12 Reply with quote

Headed to Cedar with Bob(NWDarkcloud). Most of the morning was cloudy/overcast and humid with temperatures in the upper 70s/low 80's. Water was very warm to the touch.

Around the north weedline near the state launch, Bob managed the first LMB of the day - it lacked in length, but made up in girth!

After an hour or so, we decided to motor on to the opposite side of the lake (nearby the southern public beach). We spent some time trying a variety of lures but there wasn't much action on this end. We then drifted down the west side from south to north - there were a few hits and i spotted some followers in the water but did not manage to boat anything. We did do some "shopping" and plucked off some misc. rigs from over hanging branches along the the way - thanks shore fishers! Very Happy

We decided to drift the east side as well - so as we made our way across (NW to SE, just north of the YMCA beach), we both trolled some swimbaits - Bob felt a decent hit but no hookset Sad
We did some more "shopping" around the YMCA floating platform and plucked off a few bobbers but left it on the the floating platfrm for the ymca kids to use.

By this time it was around noon and weather conditions changed from cloudy/overcast and humid to SUNNY & HUMID - the temperature rose to probably mid 80's... it was plain HOT.

We anchored at a few promising spots but drifted most of the way from South to North. Bob was able to boat the 2nd LMB of the day:

We ended up where we started and decided to anchor down to see if would have better luck with the weedlines again.... We got bored with boating so many fish, we decided to clean the bottom of the lake by reeling in the weeds Confused
It was around 3pm and I had to end the trip early as i was literally burnt from the hot sun! (thanks weather.com for the clouds & rain forecast).

Although I got skunked - the trip out on the water was still a Great time. Good company always makes a trip more pleasant - thanks again Bob!
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped by Bob's place this morning and was sorry to hear about your skunk, Jason. Do you or could you have the day off tomorrow? Bob should have the boat all rigged up for McDonough. . . . Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya the sun just about put us to sleep... we tryed realy hard to get a ymca lifegaurd in a kyak to deliver us some coffee although she had plenty of flirty smiles for us she didnt have any coffee so we finaly took off for D&D for the ride home

thanks for the day out Jjay .....great as allways

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Cedar yesterday as well with Colburn. Caught a few large mouth nothing too big. Guy on the way out said he got a 4lber in 25 feet of water on a 10" Powerbait.

Nice report.
anointed130

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Went to Cedar yesterday as well with Colburn. Caught a few large mouth nothing too big. Guy on the way out said he got a 4lber in 25 feet of water on a 10" Powerbait.

I can positively say that i have never caught anything in freshwater that deep.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan

the 1 in chester ,,,what time where ya there?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@phil - I talked to bob and he told me about the new addition! I am sure it will come in handy on future trips - very nice of you. We need a trip out all together and spank the bottom dwellers!

Unfortunately bob's a slow worker and won't be able to finish the boat in time for tomorrow (jk bob!)

PECo wrote:
I stopped by Bob's place this morning and was sorry to hear about your skunk, Jason. Do you or could you have the day off tomorrow? Bob should have the boat all rigged up for McDonough. . . . Wink
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
Unfortunately bob's a slow worker and won't be able to finish the boat in time for tomorrow

Sad to say it still isnt finished ...with the deck plates up for the first time in 10 years I spent most of todays work time cleaning and inspecting the electrical system and vacuming out and cleaning the bottom of the boat . But with the work I did today it will be another 10 years before I need to bother with anything under there again. Couple hours tomorrow with a solder gun some heat shrink tubeing and a few zippy ties im golden ......then its LOOK-OUT fishy here I come Laughing Cool Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: