CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing
Viewing Topic: Looking for 8 inch Strikemaster mora replacement blades.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zachvdp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Looking for 8 inch Strikemaster mora replacement blades. Reply with quote

Hi guys i'm new to this site but been fishing for years.
My friend and i have an 8 inch Strikemaster mora that we've been using for about 3 seasons. Sharpening the blades perodically. Last time we went fishing they were cutting like butter knives. We removed them on the ice and sharpened them with a file. The were shape enough to cut paper very easily. But the blades wouldn't cut the ice very good.
Its like the auger was bouncing around and not staying where i wanted it to cut.
Could we do any thing differnt, or just buy new blades?
And does anyone know where they sell them in Ct?
My friend tried Cabela's and Upcountry..sp.. thats where he got the auger and they said none in stock.
Thank you.
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty new to ice fishing but from what I have been told it's pretty near impossible to re-sharpen auger blades to the point where they will work for cutting through the ice. My hand auger blades wore out over the season and I just went to Fishin' Factory and bought replacement blades. The ice was no match for the new blades Very Happy

I've seen replacement blades at Cabelas too, but that was earlier in the season. Good luck man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: