CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Effective plastic lures and techniques for bass fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidjones82

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Effective plastic lures and techniques for bass fishing Reply with quote

What are effective plastic lures and techniques for bass fishing? I am a newbie when it comes to bass fishing, because I never really targetted them, but I do know fishing in general. So any tips for the intermediate fisher would be helpful.Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wacky rigged senko, basically can use any hook you want.

Or weightless texas rigged senko with a wide-gap hook, this is my personal favorite, wacky is tough to throw into cover sometimes because it gets hung up with the exposed hook.

Shakey head jig with a powerbait shakey worm is another of my favorites. Basically can put any plastic on a skakey head though, I use a craw a lot too.

The last one I use the most is a texas rigged brush hog/any creature bait, with a bullet weight.

Hope this helps ya. How you can fish plastics is basically infinite so have fun with it just find what you like the best.
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also.....tubes!

I rig Mister Twister tubes on a tube jighead and it works real well
pdcrack

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate is spot on with his post.

I also really like using jigs with a craw trailer with a medium heavy rod, and usually 12-20 lb flourocarbon
pdcrack

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another trick with the wacky rig...
use a small O-ring and slide it to the middle of the senko/stick bait. Then you can put a small circle hook between the bait and the O-ring. This makes your baits last longer without tearing or ripping in half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVbdC2dJTNg
rvolkers

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: wacky rig Reply with quote

forget the O rings and all the other fancy things that cost money!!!

i have used this rig for years and swear by it!

1. go to a discount store and buy a package of the smallest zip ties (100 for about $1.00)
2. zip tie the worm at the center and cut the tag
3. hook directly through the zip tie and worm (not in the worm between the worm and tie)

EXTRA TRICK - use the a lead strip sinker (the kind that comes in a match book looking package

1. wrap around center of worm
2. add zip tie as above
3. rig between lead strip and worm

sinks a little faster and more action as it drops!

on the night before a trip pick your worms and pre-rig them - if you get a package of colored ties mess around with different color - just that little change could be what the fish needs!

and this time of the year and most anytime i NEVER use line heavier than 8lbs! when the heavy summer weed are out that can be a different story!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: