CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing
Viewing Topic: BIG FISH! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: BIG FISH! Reply with quote

Hi All!

Here are some dated pictures of BIG FISH Shocked caught thru the ice at Lake Onota, Pittsfield, Mass.
A 1 hour drive for me from Winsted, Ct.

This where I like to go ice fishing for Pike, Trout, Salmon, and Smelt Exclamation
Worth getting the $38.00 out of state Lic. -> and Mass. has No Closed Season Very Happy

www.onotaboat.com/bigfish.html

Now those are some BIGGER FISH Thumbs Up then we can catch here in Ct. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
For you Bass fishermen check out that SmallMouth Shocked Laughing

SeaDog1 Mr. Green Mr. Green
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks for the link Seadog might have to check it out

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish. I plan on ice fishing Otis Res this winter atleast one time!
Mike1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey metalfish i have a cottage on otis res. hard lake to fish espicially if theres wind its cold. and they have a snowmobile drag strip down the center of the ice. there are a few good coves that can be fished by the dame theres some trout. but expect to catch a lot of perch and maybe a few bass. buts theres all trout and pickeral in there, so you will have a chance to catch a assortment,
metalfish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike1 wrote:
hey metalfish i have a cottage on otis res. hard lake to fish espicially if theres wind its cold. and they have a snowmobile drag strip down the center of the ice. there are a few good coves that can be fished by the dame theres some trout. but expect to catch a lot of perch and maybe a few bass. buts theres all trout and pickeral in there, so you will have a chance to catch a assortment,

Thanks for the info Mike1. I dress well, cold dont bother me to much. The sled drag strip might bother me more.
Drew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow those are some awesome fish Shocked
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's a nice smallie!
Why haven't I seen a live bait vending machine in CT?

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Mike1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey turtlekiss you prolly have seen a bait vending machine in CT, West Hill used to have one by the boat launch,
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still there!
BUT!
Been "OUT of ORDER" for 2 over years.
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4lb 8oz, smallmouth, not bad but fairly common, seen fish that size come from Candlewood, Highland, West Hill, any trout lake will hold very nice largemouth and smallmouth Twisted Evil Go to any tournys on Candlewwod and you will see Laughing Laughing Hell my biggest smallmouth on the CT RIVER is a 3lb 12 oz
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
4lb 8oz, smallmouth, not bad but fairly common, seen fish that size come from Candlewood, Highland, West Hill, any trout lake will hold very nice largemouth and smallmouth Twisted Evil Go to any tournys on Candlewwod and you will see Laughing Laughing Hell my biggest smallmouth on the CT RIVER is a 3lb 12 oz

Jim - it's a deceptive picture. That smallie could pass for 6lbs easily if the weight wasn't printed on the photo. There doesn't seem to be much in terms of arm extension at first glance, but after further analysis...yeah, he's totally holding it out to make it appear bigger. What a jerk!

I've only been to West Hill once - didn't see the bait machine (I was parked in the "No Parking" area at the launch, in the rain, around 3 a.m.)

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kira!

The bait dispenser is on the porch, to the right of the store Exclamation

SeaDog1
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDog1 wrote:
Hi Kira!

The bait dispenser is on the porch, to the right of the store Exclamation

SeaDog1

I saw a bunch of well-lit boats docked...didn't see any store though. It's dark at 3 a.m.

SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira!

How could you not see the store Shocked Exclamation -> Its just across the street from the boat ramp Exclamation

SeaDog1
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDog1 wrote:
Kira!

How could you not see the store Shocked Exclamation -> Its just across the street from the boat ramp Exclamation

SeaDog1

My best guess is that I was looking at my GPS on the way out...I had just spent most of the night avoiding death at pitch black Winchester and I was heading for the Farmington River after spending an hour or so at the West Hill launch. I probably took the night off from making observations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: