CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond 05/05 to 05/06 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJay wrote:
Nice report as always Phil.
Congrats on the LMBs Kira (especially the special tagged one!)
CT_BASSman, think i said hello Sunday morning ("nice kayak")

The search for tagged fish continues.....

Yeah that was me, haha
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
wooooow, so i stopped fishing for no reason! I hate liars!

The DEEP is rarely anywhere after dusk. It would be city/state law enforcement issuing tickets, if anything. The vast majority of lakes/ponds in CT allow night fishing. Even some of the state parks that "close at sunset" make exceptions for anglers. I had a state trooper at Bigelow Hollow State Park tell me if I wanted to fish at night there, to just put a sign on my dashboard to confirm that I'm night fishing, and let them know at which of the 3 ponds I could be found. Really! If you're unsure if you can fish past dark, put a friendly sign on your dashboard with your cell number. Assuming you're sober and properly licensed, only the biggest douchebag would ticket you for doing something as harmless as night fishing.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
chud059

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love bigelow ...beautiful park, could spend all day there..but it would creep me out at night....just waiting for a horror movie massacre to happen!
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chud059 wrote:
I love bigelow ...beautiful park, could spend all day there..but it would creep me out at night....just waiting for a horror movie massacre to happen!

Yeah, but the creepy ponds hold the best fish. Breakneck is incredibly scary/awesome at night. Highly recommended!

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, bowhunter095. Today, I met the guy who chased you off of Batterson the other night. He's a local who wasn't aware that the rules and regulations for the park had changed. Apparently, he's a lurker and saw this thread, which made him check the current rules and regulations. It was an honest mistake on his part. Wink

I'm dead tired, so I'll post a report about today's outing on Batterson later, but I had an absolute blast fishing from 11:00 am to 4:30 pm. I got a sunny, some yellow perch, some white perch, a short bass (although I lost a leaping three pounder at the boat), some black crappie and five or six walleye. In any case, none of the walleye were keepers; I got another 17-1/2 incher! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you get for the "special fish"?

Awesome fish-a-thon btw. Wish I knew. Thanks for saving some fish for me on Monday Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha Peco, did the guy recognize you from this forum? And how the heck are you catching all these walleye!?!?!
PECo

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy didn't say that he recognized me. He told his buddy on the phone, who's also a local and was the only other fisherman in a boat that I saw, that he was talking with the guy in the white boat (aka my Hobie Pro Angle aka The Other Woman). He seemed genuinely chagrined about his mistake.

About the walleye, Fishface (aka Tim), who is, incidentally, yet another Batterson local, taught me that trolling Rapalas over, through and beside weedlines and next to dropoffs works. Tim has always been partial to Silver Rapala SSR-5s, but Dick (aka The Pike Guy) taught me that Batterson walleye, in particular, like yellow perch or firetiger patterned lures. I trolled a Yellow Perch Rapala Shallow Shad Rap SSR-7 and a Bluegill Rapala Shad Rap SR-5, yesterday. I haven't tallied the hits on them, but each got many.

My understanding is that the minimum prize for a tagged fish is worth $50. I'm rooting for Kira to collect $2M, because she, DirtyDawg10 (aka Derek) and I promised each other bass boats if any of us were to win the big prize.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass boats, what hell? Only kidding, it would be so cool for someone we know to hit something awesome. I think it's a cool contest.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna have Phil's bass boat wrapped in rock bass pattern before I give it to him. Very Happy

jimbojonez

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally see a lot of rock bass now Smile
PECo

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serves you right, jimbojonez! Wink

Now, would you please lift your rock bass curse from me? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: